Ultrafiltration (UF) is a type of filtration in which a pressure-driven membrane technology used to separate particulate matter, removal of bacteria, microorganisms and natural organic material from solutions, providing clean water, at a lower cost.
UF used to produce potable water and process water, and it is also used in the pre-treatment process of large seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) plants.
UF technology uses hollow fibers of membrane material and the feed water flows either inside the shell, or in the lumen of the fibers. Suspended solids are retained, while water pass through the membrane in the permeate (filtrate).
UF is ideal for the removal of colloids, proteins, bacteria, pyrogens, proteins, and macromolecules larger than the membrane pore size from water.
Benefits & Advantages :
– Chemicals free (coagulants, flocculates, disinfectants, pH adjustment)
– Size-exclusion filtration
– Reliable & consistent water quality
– Process and plant compactness
– Easy to use, with practical automation system
– household uses ( provide clean & healthy drinking water)
– dairy industry ( protein concentration)
– filtration of effluent from paper pulp mill
– dialysis & lab grade manufacturing